1. What is the definition of 'dessert' in The Ultimate DurianBB Dessert Challenge?
Chefs are expected to create cold, sweet desserts that combine the DurianBB Musang King Paste on any kind of pastries.
2. Are there any prohibited ingredients?
Pork, or any ingredient that is made of pork, is prohibited in the challenge.
3. What is the contest registration fee and what does that include?
The registration fee is RM30, which is inclusive of 100g of DurianBB Musang King Paste that must be used in the dessert recipe.
4. What should I bring when collecting the DurianBB Musang King Paste at DurianBB Park?
A printout of the confirmation email with serial number.
5. What should I do if I have missed the date of collection?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange another date for collection.
6. Can I have a representative collect the paste on my behalf?
Yes. The representative will need to show the printout of confirmation email with serial number.
7. Can I request for delivery of the durian paste?
Unfortunately no. In order to ensure the freshness and quality of durian paste, participants (or representatives) are required collect the paste.
8. Can I use my own durian paste instead?
No. Submission will be disqualified if the DurianBB Musang King Paste is not used in the entry.
9. If I do not show up for the paste collection, can I get a refund on the registration?
Unfortunately no, the registration fee is non-refundable.
10. What should I do if I lose the confirmation email?
Contact us at email@example.com and we will resend the email.
11. Can I request for one more portion of durian paste if I have lost it?
Each participant is given only 100g of durian paste as sample and will not be given more.
12. How do I submit the recipe and the photos?
Once you have received the confirmation email, you will also receive a link to the Contest Entry. You can then submit the recipe and photos for your entry. Recipe should be clear and easy to read, likewise, the photos should be attractive and aesthetically pleasing.
13. How do I know if I have been shortlisted to proceed to the next round?
We will inform you through email communication.
14. What should I wear for the Final Round competition?
You can wear your chef jacket, or your best looking outfit that is comfortable for you to work in.
15. What cooking equipment will be provided for the Final Round competition?
Finalists will be provided with a stainless steel working table top with attached chiller, shared oven and table top mixer.
16. How many portions should I prepare during competition?
Four portions. One for appearance rating and the other three for taste rating
17. Can I bring my assistant during competition?
No. Each finalist must complete the dessert-making alone.
18. Can I bring my family and friends to support me?
Yes of course. However, they will be required to stay in a designated area for guests throughout the competition.
More questions? Contact us HERE.